Praying for Ministers
Praying With Your Wife
PRAYING FOR MINISTERS
- Pray that the power of God may be eminently experienced in their own souls.
- Pray for them to have skill and courage, along with a double portion of energy and earnestness, that they may inspire others with the same spirit.
- Pray that they may be preserved from the official dangers to which they are exposed, such as the flesh, the world, and the devil, then, the dangers of:
- Pride- of talent, learning, popularity.
- Selfishness- fleece rather than sheep, theirs rather than them.
- Indolence- inattention to the duties and responsibilities which are theirs.
- Pray that they may be able ministers of the New Testament.
- Clear comprehension of the truth.
- Ability to communicate it clearly, powerfully, simply.
- A full, constant supply to feed souls.
- Preaching, teaching, exhorting with variety to suit the needs and circumstances of all.
- Pray that they may have wisdom and prudence, along with a goodly portion of discernment, to avoid giving offence to the flock.
- Pray that they may be faithful:
- To God.
- To the Word of God.
- To the souls of men.
- Pray that "the Word of the Lord may have free course and be glorified" through the ministry of God's servants.
- Pray that they may be:
- Instrumental in turning many from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God. - from Sketch V, page 15
HOW TO PRAY WITH YOUR WIFE
1 Peter 3:7 "Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered."
- Don't wait for your wife to suggest or request regular prayer.
- Begin today to pray with her.
- Pray together daily, making it a routine.
- Keep it brief - a minute or two, to begin with, then later, longer if it is agreeable.
- Pray conversationally - each praying back and forth, for need or topic, or person.
- Be natural - pray about everyday needs and problems such as finances, relatives, vacations, gifts, and/or any decisions you must make.
- Do not preach in prayer, such as, "Help my wife not to be so wasteful and extravagant".
- Clear the air before you pray. If annoyed with one another, or you've had a misunderstanding, clear it with confession and reconciliation.
- Share Scripture that has helped you, maybe a verse or passage from your personal devotions, which spoke to your need or heart.
- Do not limit prayer to the set times. Pray as the crises arise.
"A threefold chord is not easily broken."- Ecclesiastes 4:12
"Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my father which is in heaven." - Matthew 18: 19
Miles E. Bennett
Back To LIFT-UP MINISTRIES Home Page
Up To Main KERNERSVILLE.COM Page
Page created by Bob Bennett